Saturday, November 12, 2011

In Constant Danger

Tonight we are staying at a beautiful church in Adairsville, GA, that has graciously offered to let us overtake their youth facility. North Pointe church always blesses us, and we are so encouraged every time we're here. It quickly became one of our favorite churches when we played here about 14 months ago, and we've been trying to get back ever since! We are so excited to share our new songs and new show with everyone tomorrow night! 

As I (Danya) sit on one of the extremely comfortable couches in a small group room, with my old but functional laptop, an instant coldpack at the ready for my oddly swollen knee, and my iPhone within arm's length, I began reading 2 Corinthians. I planned to begin preparing for tomorrow and praying for wisdom to know what to say and share... when I ran across where Paul describes what kind of situations he lived in. 

"We are pressed on every side... we are perplexed... we are hunted down... we get knocked down... we suffer...yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus." (2 Corinthians 4:8-11)

And here I am, sitting in a church building that will be full of people who will come and freely worship tomorrow. I'm on a couch when people in other countries are hiding in caves. I'm reading any book of the Bible I please when some countries have only a page of the Bible, or only stories of a God Who loves them that they can hold onto. Paul lived in constant danger of death because he served Jesus. I live in constant danger of people thinking I'm... weird?...

Here's the point of the blog post. 

Don't take what you have for granted. Don't let freedom to worship become a routine you get used to. We have the privilege to worship the living, breathing, almighty God; we live in a country that allows us to boldly express our beliefs. Why are we losing this generation to apathetic, mediocre faith? It's time to step up. It's time to realize that having freedom to believe is no excuse for laying down our swords. Tomorrow, we're going to be worshipers, we're going to step up as leaders, and I pray that we will in no way water-down or dance around the bold truth and passion found in being a follower of the living Savior. We see lives touched everywhere we go, and it's not because we're some great musicians! It's because we are willing to let God move in us. I pray He moves more powerfully than ever before... I pray that we are blown away and captivated by the great and glorious love He freely gives us. I pray that He starts a fire in the hearts of every person that we encounter tomorrow. 

We're about to take the world. 

"For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment